Create Overtime Types that you can make available to your staff members. Overtime can be used to reimburse a staff member with Lieu Time or as a record for payment purposes. For each type, you can customise the preferences to best suit your companies requirements i.e. Which Allowance Pot it attributes to (if any), what the Overtime Rate is i.e. 1.5 Days (time and a half) and who has access to the Overtime Type etc.
CREATE OVERTIME TYPES
- From the Overtime Menu, select Overtime Types
- Click Create New Overtime Type
- Enter the Code and Name
- Choose what type of Reimbursement to have, Allowance, Paid, Allowance, by Lookup or Paid, by Lookup*
- Enter the Overtime Rate e.g 1.5 (time and a half) only applicable for standard Allowance and Paid reimbursements
- Choose which Unit the overtime will be available in, Days or Hours.**
- Select which Allowance Pot if any the Overtime is attributed to (if Allowance or Allowance, by Lookup reimbursement is selected).
- Click Save and you will have access to the other tabs.
- Allowance - Allows the user to receive Lieu time back for Overtime worked x (times) the rate specified, the calculation will be - Hours worked x Rate specified on the overtime type i.e. 4 Hours x Rate of 1 = 4 Hours lieu time.
- Paid - Allows the user to receive Paid time back for Overtime worked x (times) the rate specified, the calculation will be - Hours worked x Rate specified on the overtime type i.e. 4 Hours x Rate of 1 = 4 Hours paid time.
- Allowance, by Lookup - Allows the user to receive Lieu time back for specific hours of Overtime worked, hours of overtime and allowance values to be given back are specified in the RATES tab.
- Paid, by Lookup - Allows the user to receive Paid time back for specific hours of Overtime worked, hours of overtime and paid time values to be given back are specified in the RATES tab.
**Paid overtime is only available in Hours, however Allowance overtime types can either be in Days or Hours.
You can set here if the Overtime type requires Approval, or multiple approval;
- No Approval required - When overtime is submitted it will automatically approve
- Single, First Approver Only - Overtime will require approval from your first approver only and will not required further approval
- Single, Any Approver - Overtime can be approved by either your First or Second Approver (if you have a second approver) and will be approved after the first approval.
- Both Approvers - Overtime will require approval from both your first and second approver, in any order, if one Approver declines the request it will be declined immediately and will not require further approval - if you only have one approver, the request will be finalised after the approver has taken action.
- Chain, First Approver then Second Approver - Overtime will require approval from both your first and second approvers but the first approver must take action first, before it goes to your second approver. If your first Approver declines the request it will be declined immediately and will not require further approval - if you only have one approver, the request will be finalised after the approver has taken action.
You can also choose who will receive certain emails and notifications from the system during the submit overtime / approval process. You can also choose whether the overtime type can be Auto Approved when your Approvers / Administrators submit overtime on a persons behalf or to Never allow the requests to be auto approved.
Restrictions allows you to set a limit on the number of Overtime Requests or Amount of Lieu / Paid time that can be submitted or accrued within a Week, Month or Year.
The Options Tab allows you to set whether the Overtime requires Notes and when to submit the Notes i.e. On Request or Approval (or Both).
The Rates tab will only be available if you have selected the Reimbursement to be Paid, by Lookup or Allowance, by Lookup. This tab allows you to specify the Work Rate that can be submitted with this type of Overtime and what the staff members will get back as a Reimbursement Rate should the overtime request be approved.
For example if your company typically worked 10 hour days, you might offer something like the below;
Work Rate Reimbursement Rate
2.5 Hours 0.25 Days
5 Hours 0.50 Days
7.5 Hours 0.75 Days
10 Hours 1 Day
The Work Rate is how many hours the staff members are able to work when using this Overtime Type, once set the staff members will not be able to be more specific than the options provided. The Reimbursement Rate is what they are given back should the request be approved.
This will be only in Days or Hours depending on the Unit you selected on the Details tab.
From here you can choose which Groups have access to this particular type of overtime as well as what the Group is able to do with the overtime type. At the bottom of the screen you can Add the Groups for whom the overtime type can be used by, and what permissions they can have.
- See Only - This enables users in the selected Group to SEE this type of overtime in the system, such as on Overtime views as well as in Pending Overtime (for Approvers) and Overtime Admin (for Administrators). Users can always See their own overtime via My Overtime, regardless of this Permission.
- See and Notes Only - This enables users in the selected Group to SEE the overtime type as well as allow Approvers and Administrators within this Group to view NOTES that have been supplied on overtime requests, staff can never see any other Users notes for their overtime requests, they can always see their own Notes and Overtime via My Overtime regardless of this permission.
- Request Only - Allows users in the selected Group to only REQUEST this overtime type, this would mean that the users in this Group can request it but not SEE it within the system, users will always SEE their own overtime via My Overtime.
- See and Request Only - Allows users in the selected Group to SEE and REQUEST overtime within the system, but Approvers and Administrators in this Group will not see any NOTES attached to overtime requests.
- See, Request and Notes - Allows users in the selected Group to SEE this overtime type within the system, REQUEST it in the system and Approvers and Administrators will see any NOTES attached to overtime requests of this overtime type.
Sometimes companies have particular policies whereby they only want certain Groups to SEE types of overtime but not request them, the Grouping function within WhosOffice will allow you to create specific Groups that carry certain Overtime Type permissions, these can be setup in addition to a staff members normal Group (Department).
Allows you to keep track of any changes made to the Overtime Type, along with who made the change and when it was changed. You can refer to this page when enquiries are made about the Overtime Type.
Title: Overtime Types
Posted: Friday, 19th Sep 2014
By: Callum Ellis
Direct link: https://www.whosoffice.com/support/knowledgebase/overtime-types
View all knowledgebase articles